San Pasqual Academy is located on 238 acres, among the rolling hills and orange groves of an agricultural preserve in Escondido, CA. The core campus occupies approximately 50 acres of the property, and features:
- Assembly hall
- Cyber Café and student-run juice and snack bar
- Technology and Career Information Center
- Junior Olympic-size pool
- Sports fields
- Family-style residences for the youth
- Recreation rooms
- Health and Wellness Center
- Day Rehabilitation Clinic (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment –EPSDT- Clinic)
- Alumni Housing for emancipated Academy youth
- Private residences for Academy staff, senior volunteers and community members
- Administration buildings
- Health and Human Services Agency Building
Since the County of San Diego purchased the property in 2000, the buildings at San Pasqual Academy have undergone significant renovations to bring them up to health and safety standards, as well as to modernize their uses. Renovations were made possible by both County funds and generous contributions from private donors. Further renovations to campus buildings are contingent upon future donations.
One of the most unique features of San Pasqual Academy is the family-style homes. Up to eight youth and their houseparents live in individual family homes. The homes are spacious and offer a common living area, dining area, kitchen, laundry space, youth bedrooms and bathrooms, and a houseparent suite. Two youth share a bedroom, which they are able to personalize to their taste, and an adjoining bathroom with two other youth. Each youth has a computer in their room, and Internet access is available in the common living area. The houseparents have personal space in an adjoining suite, which features a bedroom and bathroom, living room, dining area, and kitchen.
The campus is also home to a privately-owned book bindery, Golden Rule Book Bindery, and the San Pasqual Volunteer Fire Department. Both offer Academy students work experience through paid part-time employment opportunities.